LEARNING TO SURF from a Waikiki Beachboy is a must-do while visiting Waikiki.
Surfing in Waikiki is a unique and fun experience: the waves in Waikiki are gentle rollers that offer a smooth, long wave ride. There are also no vicious undertows or rogue waves in the protected bay.
Waikiki Beach Services offers a variety of surf lessons for all skill levels. All of our Waikiki Beachboys are lifeguard and CPR trained and are also licensed by the State of Hawaii to perform surf lessons in Waikiki.
Options & Prices
# of Participants
|Private Individual Lesson||$100 per person + HI State Tax||Private 1-on-1 instruction with a certified instructor.||Must be 13 years of age and older.|
|Private Group Lesson||$75 per person + HI State Tax||Private lesson for your group only; up to 5 people per surf instructor.||Minimum requirement of 2 people to book a private group lesson.|
Surf lessons are conducted daily at:
- 8:30 a.m.
- 10:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m.
- All surf lesson participants must be able to swim comfortably for at least 15 yards without the aid of a float or device.
- Lessons are a total of 1 hour in length and include 5-10 minutes of safety briefings on the sand.
- All surfing equipment is provided, including use of a rash guard.
- Photos will be taken during each activity and are available for purchase.
- All surf instructors are licensed by the state of Hawaii and fully trained in CPR and other life-saving techniques.
- Pregnant women or guests with prior neck or back injuries should not take SURF / SUP lessons.
- Visit our FAQs page for more information.
Online Booking & Cancellation Policy
All online reservations must be made at least 48 hours prior to the date and time you would like to reserve.
A full refund will be given to any cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to your reservation date. Failure to contact us at least 48 hours prior to your reservation date will void your eligibility for a refund.
Any cancellations that must be made due to inclement weather or unsafe conditions will be refunded.
Safety of our guests, visitors and instructors is our main concern. Therefore, any person under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be refused service for rentals, activities and lessons.