If you are visiting Hawaii, one of the things on your “must-do” list should be taking a surf lesson in Waikiki!
Learning to surf in Waikiki is a unique and fun experience: the waves in Waikiki are gentle rollers that offer a smooth, long wave ride. There are also no vicious undertows or rogue waves in the protected bay.
Waikiki Beach Services offers a variety of surf lessons for all skill levels. All of our Waikiki Beachboys are lifeguard and CPR trained and are also licensed by the State of Hawaii to perform surf lessons in Waikiki.
Options & Prices
Pricing (taxes and fees not included)
# of Participants
|Private Individual Lesson||$100 per person + HI State Tax||Private 1-on-1 instruction with a certified instructor.||Required for all children 12 years and under.|
|Private Group Lesson||$75 per person + HI State Tax||Private lesson for your group only; up to 5 people per surf instructor.||Minimum requirement of 2 people to book a private group lesson.|
|Group Lesson||n/a||n/a||Available for walk-up reservations only (No online reservations. Please inquire at one of our desks for more information.)|
Surf lessons are conducted daily at:
- 8:30 a.m.
- 10:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m.
- All surf lesson participants must be able to swim comfortably for at least 15 yards without the aid of a float or device.
- Lessons are a total of 1 hour in length and include 5-10 minutes of safety briefings on the sand.
- All surfing equipment is included within the price of the lesson.
- All surf instructors are licensed by the state of Hawaii and fully trained in CPR and other life-saving techniques.
- Pregnant women or guests with prior neck or back injuries should not take SURF / SUP lessons.
Online Booking & Cancellation Policy
All online reservations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the date and time you would like to reserve.
A full refund will be given to any cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to your reservation date. Failure to contact us at least 48 hours prior to your reservation date will void your eligibility for a refund.
Any cancellations that must be made due to inclement weather or unsafe conditions will be refunded.