Surf lessons in Waikiki are without a doubt one of the most popular activities in Hawaii. One of our missions at Waikiki Beach Services is to introduce everyone to surfing. Learning to surf in Waikiki is a unique and fun experience, and we offer a variety of surf lessons for all skill levels. If you have never been on a surfboard in your life, or even if you have some experience in surfing, our surfing lesson instructors have the skill and experience to work with you to give you the best surf lesson possible.
If you want to learn how to surf, there really is no better place than Waikiki. The waves are normally gentle rollers that offer a smooth, long ride. Also, there are no vicious undertows or rogue waves in this protected bay. It is because of the excellent surfing conditions in Waikiki that surfing legends like the famous Duke Kahanamoku used the surf in Waikiki as a personal surfing playground.
Surf Lesson Options:
Private Individual Lesson: $100 per person.
- 1-on-1 instruction with a certified surfing instructor.
- **Required for children 12 years and under.**
Private Group Lesson: $75 per person.
- Private lesson for you and your group only.
- Up to 5 people per group.
- Minimum requirement of 2 people to book a Private Group Lesson.
Group Lesson: $60 per person(available for walk-up reservations only)
- Open to everyone.
- Up to 5 surfers per instructor.
- Minimum requirement of 2 people to book a Group Lesson.
Surf Lesson Times:
Surf lessons are conducted daily at the following times:
- 8:30 a.m.
- 10:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m.
- All surf lessons are 1hr in length.
- All of the equipment for our surf lessons are included within the price.
- All of our charges are per person.
- •All online reservations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the date and time you would like to reserve.
If you are already an experienced surfer and would just like to rent a board, we carry a selection of hourly rental surfboards. The rental board sizes we currently carry are 8,9,10, and 11 feet, and the boards are from popular surfboard shapers including Bear, Roxy, NSP, and more.
If you would like more information on our rental boards, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Surf Lessons Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given to any cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to your reservation date. Failure to contact us at least 48 hours prior to your reservation date will void your eligibility for a refund.