Experience Waikiki surfing at its best by learning from a Beachboy at the Sheraton Waikiki. You’ll be hanging ten in no time!
Stand-Up Paddleboard Lessons
- Private Group SUP Lessons:
- Private Group Lesson (2-5 Students per Instructor) Ages 13+
- One-on-One Private Surf Lessons:
- Private Lesson (1 Student per Instructor) Ages 13+
Stand-Up Paddle Boarding at Waikiki Beach
Experience stand-up paddle boarding at Waikiki beach with easy and accessible rentals and expert lessons at the Sheraton Waikiki. The calm waves and gentle winds of this area make learning a breeze.
We offer BEGINNER and ADVANCED stand up paddling lessons for anyone that is interested in trying out this unique growing water sport that takes the best from surfing and canoe paddling and combines them!
Beginner SUP lessons will cover the fundamentals of balancing, paddling and turning on a stand up paddle board. The reef is filled with so much natural beauty and wildlife that’s amazing to witness while paddling from above. Advanced lessons, for those who are already comfortable on a SUP board, will learn how to catch and surf waves. Stop by the Sheraton Waikiki to get started!
- 8:30 a.m.
- 10:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m.
- Check in at our Grays Beach Desk location, just past the Sheraton Waikiki Edge Pool deck.
- All SUP lesson participants must be able to swim.
- Participants 13 and younger must take a one-on-one lesson for safety reasons.
- Lessons are a total of 70 minutes in length and include 10 minutes of safety briefings on the sand.
- All surfing equipment is provided, including use of a rash guard.
- Photos will be taken during each activity and are available for purchase.
- All surf instructors are licensed by the state of Hawaii and fully trained in CPR and other life-saving techniques.
- Pregnant women or guests with prior neck or back injuries should not take SURF / SUP lessons.
- Visit our FAQs page for more information.