Enjoy umbrella and beach chair rentals on Waikīkī’s most famous stretch of beach! Relax under your own umbrella set in front of The Royal Hawaiian Hotel. **Guest must be present and ready to use equipment in order for it to be placed on the beach.
Private Surf Lessons Waikīkī
- Price per Person
- Party 4 to 5 people - per person, min 4 max 5 to book
- Trio 3 people - per person, min/max 3 to book
- Duo 2 people- per person, min/max 2 to book
- One-On-One Just you!
“E He’enalu Kākou” (Let’s Surf!) with the Royal Hawaiian Waikīkī Surf Lessons
Waikīkī Beach Surf Lessons from a Waikīkī Beachboy are a must-do while visiting Waikīkī. The sandy ocean bottom and gentle, rolling waves make it an ideal place to learn the Hawaiian art of heʻenalu, or “board sliding”. From absolute beginners/novices to experienced wave riders, our Beachboys can tailor a surfing Waikīkī Beach experience that is safe, comfortable and FUN for everyone!
Note: all of our Waikīkī Beachboys are lifeguard and CPR certified and must pass vigorous licensing requirements in order to become a surf instructor with Waikīkī Beach Services.
Surf lessons are conducted daily at:
- All surf lesson participants must be able to swim.
- Kids under the age of 13 must take a private ONE-ON-ONE lesson for safety reasons.
- Lessons are a total of 1.25 hour in length and include 15 minutes of land safety briefings.
- All surfing equipment is provided, including use of a rashguard.
- All surf instructors are licensed by the state of Hawaiʻi and fully trained in CPR and lifesaving.
- Women who are pregnant, or, guests with prior neck or back injuries should not take surf / sup lessons.