Enjoy umbrella and beach chair rentals on Waikīkī’s most famous stretch of beach! Relax under your own umbrella set in front of The Royal Hawaiian Hotel. **Guest must be present and ready to use equipment in order for it to be placed on the beach.
Hawaiian Burial at Sea in Waikīkī
A Hui Hou, Until We Meet Again
- Burial At Sea Service For up to 6 people
Waikīkī Beach Burial at Sea Services
The scattering of ashes into the open ocean is a timeless tradition that spans across many cultures around the world. Many people, from former residents to return visitors, have made Waikīkī their final resting place. Waikīkī Beach Services provides a simple yet beautiful burial at sea service aboard our outrigger canoe.
A loved one’s ashes can be scattered in the open ocean off Waikīkī under the shadow of Diamond Head. Say a prayer, sing a song, or simply rest in silence while you say “Aloha.” At the end of each burial at sea, in true Waikīkī Beachboy tradition, our crew will catch and surf a wave into shore, honoring the deceased with “the last wave.”
- Maximum limit of 6 people for service.
- The canoe is chartered for up to one hour for this service, but a guest may choose to come in before the hour is up–this is at the discretion of the guest.
- Photography will be provided and will take 1-2 days to process.
- Flowers and leis are not provided, but guests are welcome to bring their own. A list of flower/lei vendors can be found on our FAQs page.
- Please wear comfortable clothing that you do not mind getting wet.
- Do not bring valuables.
- Parking is available at The Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center for a fee and is about a 10-minute walk to our location. Other parking options can be found on our FAQs page.
Safety is of the utmost importance to us; in times of large surf or unpredictable ocean conditions, it may not be possible to use the canoe safely. In cases such as these, we will try to give us much warning as possible should we need to cancel or reschedule a booking.