Because of its ideal conditions, Waikiki is one of the best places to learn how to stand up paddle.
We offer beginner and advanced stand up paddling lessons for anyone that is interested in trying out this unique hybrid sport that is a cross between surfing and canoe paddling.
Beginner SUP lessons will cover the fundamentals of balancing, paddling and turning on a stand up paddle board. You may see a turtle or two while paddling over the reef—so keep an eye out! Advanced lessons, for those who are already comfortable on a SUP board, will learn how to catch and surf waves.
Options & Prices
Pricing (taxes and fees not included)
# of Participants
|Private Individual Lesson (Beginner)||$100 per person + HI State Tax||Private 1-on-1 instruction with a certified instructor.||Required for all children 12 years and under.|
|Private Individual Lesson (Advanced)||$100 per person + HI State Tax||Private 1-on-1 instruction with a certified instructor.||Required for all children 12 years and under.|
|Private Group Lesson (Beginner)||$75 per person + HI State Tax||Private lesson for your group only; up to 5 people per surf instructor.||Minimum requirement of 2 people to book a private group lesson.|
|Group Lesson (Beginner)||n/a||n/a||Available for walk-up reservations only (No online reservations. Please inquire at one of our desks for more information.)|
SUP lessons are conducted daily at:
- 8:30 a.m.
- 10:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m.
- All SUP lesson participants must be able to swim comfortably for at least 15 yards without the aid of a float or device.
- Lessons are a total of 1 hour in length and include 5-10 minutes of safety briefings on the sand.
- All SUP equipment is included within the price of the lesson.
- All SUP instructors are licensed by the state of Hawaii and fully trained in CPR and other life-saving techniques.
- Pregnant women or guests with prior neck or back injuries should not take SURF / SUP lessons.
Online Booking & Cancellation Policy
All online reservations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the date and time you would like to reserve.
A full refund will be given to any cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to your reservation date. Failure to contact us at least 48 hours prior to your reservation date will void your eligibility for a refund.
Any cancellations that must be made due to inclement weather or unsafe conditions will be refunded.