STAND UP PADDLING is becoming one of the fastest-growing water sports. Because of its ideal conditions, Waikiki is one of the best places to learn how to stand up paddle.
We offer BEGINNER and ADVANCED stand up paddling lessons for anyone that is interested in trying out this unique hybrid sport that is a cross between surfing and canoe paddling.
Beginner SUP lessons will cover the fundamentals of balancing, paddling and turning on a stand up paddle board. You may see a turtle or two while paddling over the reef—so keep an eye out! Advanced lessons, for those who are already comfortable on a SUP board, will learn how to catch and surf waves.
Options & Prices
# of Participants
|Private Individual Lesson (Beginner)||$100 per person + HI State Tax||Private 1-on-1 instruction with a certified instructor.||Must be 13 years of age and older.|
|Private Individual Lesson (Advanced)||$100 per person + HI State Tax||Private 1-on-1 instruction with a certified instructor.||Must be 13 years of age and older.|
|Private Group Lesson (Beginner)||$75 per person + HI State Tax||Private lesson for your group only; up to 5 people per surf instructor.||Minimum requirement of 2 people to book a private group lesson.|
SUP lessons are conducted daily at:
- 8:30 a.m.
- 10:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m.
- All SUP lesson participants must be able to swim comfortably for at least 15 yards without the aid of a float or device.
- Lessons are a total of 1 hour in length and include 5-10 minutes of safety briefings on the sand.
- All SUP equipment is included, including use of a rash guard.
- Photos will be taken during each activity and will be available for purchase.
- All SUP instructors are licensed by the state of Hawaii and fully trained in CPR and other life-saving techniques.
- Pregnant women or guests with prior neck or back injuries should not take SURF / SUP lessons.
- Visit our FAQs page for more information.
Online Booking & Cancellation Policy
All online reservations must be made at least 48 hours prior to the date and time you would like to reserve.
A full refund will be given to any cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to your reservation date. Failure to contact us at least 48 hours prior to your reservation date will void your eligibility for a refund.
Any cancellations that must be made due to inclement weather or unsafe conditions will be refunded.
Safety of our guests, visitors and instructors is our main concern. Therefore, any person under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be refused service for rentals, activities and lessons.