The outrigger canoe ride of today was derived from the original sport that was beloved by the elite of old Hawaii – outrigger canoe surfing. Outrigger canoe surfing is a sport that is unique to Hawaii, and, more specifically, to Waikiki. In old Hawaii, Waikiki was the playground of the elite, and outrigger canoe surfing was a privilege reserved solely for the aliʻi, or Hawaiian royalty. To this day, Waikiki Beach is still the only place in the world where you can experience the thrill of racing down a wave on an outrigger canoe.
The outrigger canoe is one of the safest ocean vessels today. It is the only vessel that does not require life jackets by the US Coast Guard, making it the perfect activity for the whole family. Anyone can participate in this “royal” activity and experience the thrill of surfing from the safety of our outrigger canoe.
Outrigger Canoe Ride Options:
- $25 per rider(4.712% HI-State Tax not included in the price)
Outrigger Canoe Ride Times:
- The outrigger canoe runs daily from 9 a.m. – 330 p.m.
- These times are subject to change throughout the year due varying weather and/or surfing conditions.
- There must be at least 4 paddlers (12yrs of age and up) within your group to book online.
- If you do not have 4 paddlers in your group, please visit our activity desk to make a same-day reservation.
- Surfing on the waves – We’ll take you surfing on 2 of the best waves!
- All online reservations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the date and time you would like to reserve.
Outrigger Canoe Ride Cancellation Policy: A full refund will be given to any cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to your reservation date. Failure to contact us at least 48 hours prior to your reservation date will void your eligibility for a refund.