OUTRIGGER CANOE SURFING is the original Hawaiian rollercoaster ride! Waikiki Beach is currently the only place where a visitor can experience the thrill of surfing a wave on an outrigger canoe.
The canoe operates under the guidance of certified first and second canoe captains, who will assist guests with paddling and navigating thru the surf. Your group will paddle out to the surfbreak and get in the line up to catch some waves.
The outrigger canoe is one of the safest ocean vessels and is one of the only ocean vessels NOT required by the US Coast Guard to carry life jackets. People of all ages and abilities can participate in this activity, which makes it ideal for families and large groups. Experience the thrill of surfing from the safety of the outrigger canoe!
We also provide team building activities on the canoe! If you would like to host a team building activity, please email us at email@example.com for more information.
Options & Prices
Pricing (taxes and fees not included)
# of Riders
|4 Riders||$100 + HI State Tax||4 riders in addition to our captain and crew.||The pricing is $25 + tax per person.|
|5 Riders||$125 + HI State Tax||5 riders in addition to our captain and crew.||The pricing is $25 + tax per person.|
|6 Riders||$150+ HI State Tax||6 riders in addition to our captain and crew.||The pricing is $25 + tax per person.|
|1 Hour Canoe Charter||$300 per canoe + HI State Tax||Maximum of 6 riders.||No minimum number of riders required.|
Canoe Ride Times
- The outrigger canoe runs throughout the day, at the top of the hour.
- Canoe rides are 20-40 minutes in length depending on wave and ocean conditions. Please allot 1 hour total from start to finish (i.e. parking, check-in, photo viewing, etc.)
- Please note these times are subject to change throughout the year due varying weather and/or surfing conditions.
- For same day reservations, please visit our activity desk OR call (808) 388-1510 to check on availability.
- For groups that do not meet our minimum of 4 paddlers, please either:
- Visit our activity desk in person and join an existing group (if available) OR
- Book online and pay for 4 riders.
- Guests with more than 6 people in their party can choose to either:
- Book back-to-back canoe rides (will be charged per person rate), OR
- Charter canoes in 1 hour increments to allow the group to go out together.
- Up to 6 people can fit per canoe (4 paddlers + 2 riders).
- Per person canoe ride option will catch and surf 2 waves.
- Ages 3+ welcome! Parent or guardian must be present to hold child during the ride and must provide own lifejacket or floatation device.
- All swimming and paddling abilities also welcome.
- Adult life jackets are available upon request.
- Photos will be taken and can be purchased for an additional fee after the ride.
All online reservations must be made at least 48 hours prior to the date and time you would like to reserve.A full refund will be given to any cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to your reservation date. Failure to contact us at least 48 hours prior to your reservation date will void your eligibility for a refund.Any cancellations that must be made due to inclement weather or unsafe conditions will be refunded.Safety of our guests, visitors and instructors is our main concern. Therefore, any person under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be refused service for rentals, activities and lessons.