If surf lessons are an absolute must-do while visiting Hawaii, then stand-up paddling should also be on your bucket list of Waikiki activities. Stand Up Paddling, or SUP, is a great way to exercise, sightsee and get in the water.
Waikiki Surf Lessons
- Private Group Surf Lessons:
- Private Group Lesson (2-5 Students per Instructor) Ages 13+
- One-on-One Private Surf Lessons:
- Private Lesson (1 Student per Instructor) All Ages
Surfing Lessons with Waikiki Beach Services
A Waikiki Beach Services surf lesson is a must-do activity while visiting the area. We offer a variety of surf lessons for all skill levels, ages, sizes and abilities. Our trained Waikiki Beachboys will make sure you have a safe, fun and memorable surf lesson experience.
Waikiki Beach Services is located right on the beach, so no carrying of surfboards or walking far distances to your surf spot — just sign in at our activity desk and you will be on your way to learning to surf! All of our Waikiki Beach Boys are lifeguard and CPR trained and are also licensed by the State of Hawaii to perform surf lessons in Waikiki.
We offer both private group and private one-on-one lessons. Surf lessons are conducted daily; see lesson times below.
- 8:30 a.m.
- 10:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m.
- All surf lesson participants must be able to swim.
- Participants 12 years of age and under must take a private one-on-one lesson for safety reasons.
- Lessons are a total of 1 hour in length and include 10-15 minutes of safety briefings on the sand.
- All surf lesson equipment is provided, including use of a rash guard. (If you would like to purchase your own souvenir rashguard to keep, you may make this selection during the check-out process).
- All surf instructors are licensed by the state of Hawaii and fully trained in CPR and other life-saving techniques.
- Pregnant women or guests with prior neck or back injuries should not take surf/SUP lessons.