THE SCATTERING OF ASHES into the open ocean is a timeless tradition that spans across many cultures around the world. Many people, from former residents, to return visitors have made Waikiki their final resting place.
Waikiki Beach Services provides a simple, yet beautiful burial at sea service aboard our outrigger canoe. A loved one’s
ashes can be scattered in the open ocean off Waikiki, under the shadow of Diamond Head. Say a prayer, sing a song, or simply rest in silence while you say “Aloha”.
At the end of each burial at sea, in true Waikiki Beachboy tradition, our crew will catch and surf a wave into shore, honoring the deceased with “the last wave”.
Options & Prices
Pricing (taxes and fees not included)
# of Riders
|Burial At Sea Service||$300 per canoe + HI State Tax||Maximum of 6 riders.||No minimum number of participants. Photography included.|
Burial At Sea Charter Times
- Charters are available daily from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. daily, every hour on the hour.
- Please note these times are subject to change throughout the year due to varying weather and/or surfing conditions.
- Maximum limit of 6 passengers per canoe. Larger parties must charter additional outrigger canoes or the catamaran.
- Photography is provided.
- Flowers and leis are not provided, but you are more than welcome to bring them along with you. A list of flower/lei vendors can be found on our FAQs page.
- Please wear comfortable clothing that you do not mind getting wet.
- Do not bring valuables aboard the canoe or to store at the desk.
- Parking is available at The Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center for a small fee and is about a 10 minute walk to our location. Other parking options can be found on our FAQs page.
Online Booking & Cancellation Policy
All online reservations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the date and time you would like to reserve.
A full refund will be given to any cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to your reservation date. Failure to contact us at least 48 hours prior to your reservation date will void your eligibility for a refund.
Any cancellations that must be made due to inclement weather or unsafe conditions will be refunded.