Learning to surf from a Waikiki Beachboy is a must-do activity while visiting Waikiki! Waikiki Beach Services offers a variety of surf lessons for all skill levels.
- Private Group SUP Lessons:
- Private Group Lesson (2-5 Students per Instructor) Ages 13+
- One-on-One Private Surf Lessons:
- Private Lesson (1 Student per Instructor) Ages 13+
Waikiki Beach Stand-Up Paddleboard Lessons
Stand-up paddle boarding is becoming one of the fastest-growing water sports. Because of its ideal conditions, Waikiki is one of the best places to learn how to stand-up paddle. We offer beginner and advanced stand-up paddling lessons for anyone who is interested in trying out this unique hybrid sport that is a cross between surfing and canoe paddling.
Beginner SUP lessons cover the fundamentals of balancing, paddling, and turning on a stand-up paddle board. You may see a turtle or two while paddling over the reef—so keep an eye out! Advanced lessons, for those who are already comfortable on a SUP board, teach you how to catch and surf waves.
We offer both private group and private one-on-one lessons. SUP lessons are conducted daily; see lesson times below.
- 8:30 a.m.
- 10:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m.
- All SUP lesson participants must be able to swim.
- Participants 13 and younger may not participate in SUP lessons due to safety reasons.
- Lessons are a total of 1 hour in length and include 5-10 minutes of safety briefings on the sand.
- All surfing equipment is provided, including use of a rash guard.
- All surf instructors are licensed by the state of Hawaii and fully trained in CPR and other life-saving techniques.
- Pregnant women or guests with prior neck or back injuries should not take surf/SUP lessons.